[Owl-devel] Building with ant

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at psi.ch
Wed Aug 17 10:26:07 EDT 2011

Hi all

After a long time I decided this morning that it was finally time to use
a proper build system!

So I've had a look into ant and of course it's a lot easier than it
seems once you know how it works ;)

What I've done is I've added a build.xml ant script to both owl and
cmview which should be able to build single jars of both projects.

 From eclipse is very easy to use: simply right click on it and then
"Run As" -> "Ant Build". That will run the default target which is a
"clean" followed by a "build jar". It will place a stand-alone jar in
directory build/jar.

For cmview there's an additional target called "package". If you run
this one after building the jar it will create a CMView-version.zip file
in the build/ directory. Beware that for cmview the ant script needs two
parameters specified in the ant command like this:

-Dowl.jar.location=../owl/build/jar/owl.jar
-Dversion=1.1.1

You can have a look at the scripts, they are pretty much self
explanatory. It should be easy now to add other functionality to them.

Cheers

Jose