[Pdbwiki-devel] Category membership and the comments extension?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 04:00:03 EDT 2009

2009/7/28 Dan Bolser <dan.bolser at gmail.com>:
> 2009/7/28 Jose M. Duarte <jose.m.duarte at gmail.com>:
>> Yes upgrading is always a good idea... But let's keep it to only release
>> versions. It seems that latest release is 1.15.1 and we run 1.14.0 right
>> now.
>
> Ah sorry... without looking I thought we were already on 1.16.0. You
> are right - I'll not go beyond the head of the latest stable branch.

Done. See:
* /userroot/hstehr/public_html/pdbwiki/mediawiki-1.15

svn update
At revision 53924.

Issuing svn update in this branch will take us up the minor versions
(1.15.1/2/3/etc). To switch major versions we need to issue 'svn
switch':

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download_from_SVN

Note: because the above 'co' expects an empty extensions directory, it
is important that you check out extensions within a sub-directory of
the extensions directory. i.e.

cd extensions/
cd ImgRollover/

svn update

cd ../../

This way the .svn information under:
* /userroot/hstehr/public_html/pdbwiki/mediawiki-1.15/extensions

is not changed (which would cause a conflict between the different
repos). It's slightly confusing, but so long as you follow the above
rule, everything 'just works'.

So... Does this actually fix the category problem? ;-)

>> It might be a good idea anyway to take dumps of data and files before
>> upgrades, which reminds me that we haven't done it since we moved servers.
>
> Right. I'll start a cron job to take  dumps of the database on a
> Wednesday like before.

Done. See:
* /userroot/hstehr/public_html/pdbwiki/dumpDb.sh
* /userroot/hstehr/public_html/pdbwiki/database_dumps

$ crontab -l # (as dmb)
15 06 * * 3 /memberroot/hstehr/public_html/pdbwiki/dumpDb.sh

I also made a one off backup of the files themselves (excluding the
image directory):

tar cf pdbwiki_dump-2009.07.28.tar \
  --exclude "mediawiki-1.14.0/images/*" mediawiki-1.14.0/