[Pdbwiki-devel] Security of PDBWiki

Henning Stehr stehr at molgen.mpg.de
Wed Oct 6 04:59:32 EDT 2010

Some new user 'Bololoikak2' created pages with hidden links to russian
websites and uploaded obscure jpg files. At best, he is a spammer. To
me it looks like it could even be a hacking attempt.
I blocked the user and deleted his pages but this made me worry a bit
about security of the server. Does anyone know how bullet proof
MediaWiki is? Going from nobody to root is not such a big deal
(believe me).

Would that be a good opportunity to move server again? We'll have to
do that soon anyways.