[Pdbwiki-devel] PDB version 4

Henning Stehr stehr at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Aug 1 05:08:26 EDT 2011

Hi Jose,

great find. That must be exactly what we need. Unfortunately, I don't
have an old rsync.log to compare against, but I'm almost sure it will
be the same. Except that the rsync log would reflect any changes since
our last update while the official logs are strictly for one week. So
if we always store the time of the last pdbase update, then even if we
skip updating one week, we can grab the old lists and do the update
later. So a 'pdbase_update' script could take as parameters:
-all = create a new pdbase from scratch (with all files which are in
local rsync mirror)
-latest = grab the latest update lists from ftp and load/update the
listed entries (this could be run as a cronjob)
-date 20110722 = do the update with the given timestamp by grabbing
the respective file from ftp (we could run this manually, in case we
missed an auto-update)

Does that make sense?

Henning