[ssml] Small Genome Similarity

Tristan Fiedler t.fiedler at umiami.edu
Thu Feb 12 19:06:33 EST 2004

i All,

I am looking at a novel 2.4 KB viral genome and want to see if anything
homologous is known.

Have tried blastn,blastx variants but nothing comes up (possibly due to
frame or simply divergence).

This beastie may replicate in the mitochondria of vertebrates so
translations may need to use mito not nuclear codons.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or experience looking at
similar sequences.

Thank you,

Tristan

--
Tristan J. Fiedler, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Walsh Laboratory

tfiedler at rsmas.miami.edu
t.fiedler at umiami.edu (alias)
305-361-4626