[ssml] Howto generate position specific score matrix (PSSM) in the way of psi-blast ?

Jarod jarod at nlbmol.ibp.ac.cn
Wed Jan 12 07:21:16 EST 2005

In fact, I do not want to re-implement a fully functional PSI-blast with Perl,
Perl is not good at this and PSI-blast is a big program. My goal is simple,
that, I just want to regenerate a PSSM matrix file from the PSI-blast output,
such as a plain-text result produced from blast command : "blastpgp -i
test.seq -d swissprot -j 3 -m 6 -o test.blast ", here test.blast is an the
output with multi-alignment format. My question is whether the output file
test.blast can provide enough information to re-generate a PSSM file somewhat
like that the file produced by "blastpgp -Q" ? In some conditions, I need to
manually filter those sequences in the alignment of the blast output, so
re-generate a PSSM file is important for me .

Thanks.

Best wishes.

                Jarod