[BiO BB] custom blast server

Joel Dudley Joel.Dudley at DevelopOnline.com
Wed Dec 5 11:54:05 EST 2001

Hello All,
   I am creating a biological database for an application that I am working
on. The database contains cDNA and AA sequences among other things. My
application needs to perform a BLAST search on sequences in my database
only. I would like to create my own custom BLAST server that performs BLAST
searches on my PostgreSQL database. I planned on writing my own threading
BLAST server in Java but I was wondering if anyone know of some tools,
Classes, or libraries that would perform a BLAST on sequences in a
PostgreSQL DB. Any language is welcome. If there is something close that is
open-source I could modify the source to make it work I guess. Thanks.

- Joel