[BiO BB] Bioinformatics development forum

Peri Suraj bioinfo_india at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 15:52:54 EST 2002

Dear jeff,
It would be very nice to have a separate list.
this will help many people to keep track of
interesting discussions and suggestions.
I was looking for similar type of forums some days
back where discussion pertaining to different database
models & architectures ( ZODB, posrgres) softwares
that can help designing an effective OODB( ZOPE etc)
various thresholds a database can sustain while
dealing with biological data ( specifically
protein-protein interactions,SNPs and microarray
data)and finally LINUX clusters for BLAST or mol.
modeling purposes.
I feel there is a need to have such separate
discussion forum/mailing list.
Thanks

cheers
Suraj Peri
Center for Experimental Bioinformatics
University of Southern Denmark
Odense-M
Denmark.

--- "J.W. Bizzaro" <jeff at bioinformatics.org> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> People are certainly welcome to post such questions
> here, as they have in the
> past.  If some feel that a separate list may be
> best, we can host that as
> well.
>
> Cheers.
> Jeff
>
> martin goodson wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for a web forum or mailing list that
> is aimed at the
> > bioinformatics developer. I am interested in
> discussions regarding
> > architectural considerations, data modelling and
> algorithms in
> > bioinformatics and so on.
> >
> > Does one exist? If not do please let me know if
> you think it might be a good
> > idea to set one up.
>

> --
> J.W. Bizzaro
> jeff at bioinformatics.org
> Director, Bioinformatics.Org
> http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
> "As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of
> others, we
> should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by
> any invention
> of ours; and this we should do freely and
> generously."
>                    -- Benjamin Franklin
> --

=====