[BiO BB] Re: {List of Chemical Names}

Gary Bader gary.bader at utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 25 19:12:33 EST 2002

Hi,
	Such a list does not publicly exist, although you could create a fairly
nice list from the following resources:

nciopen (http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/to_do/ncidata/), Klotho
(http://www.biocheminfo.org/klotho/), Ligand
(http://www3.oup.co.uk/nar/database/summary/113) and as Jeff suggested if
you have the following electronically available:
Dictionary of Chemical Compounds, Beilstein, the Merck Index and the
Cambridge Structural Database, CAS.  The first 3 I mentioned are free, the
rest are not as far as I know.  Also, you could try searching, as you have
already done, for names that match known IUPAC nomenclature rules.

Regards,
Gary