[BiO BB] Use of FPGA based super computers for Bioinformatics

John Jakson johnjakson at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 13:15:37 EST 2002

I am considering bringing my significant experience of ASIC & FPGA design & development to the Bioinformatics world if I can find interested companies.My speciality is taking C type compute engines and mapping to FPGAs (or ASICs) so as to speed up problems by 100s-1000,000s. It would seem as if the Biotech industry uses alot of algorithms that are not unfamiliar with my general interests in algorithms ie Speech-HMMs, String matching etc.I have come across a very few companies TimeLogic etc, are there more?Any pointers most welcome.RegardsJohn Jakson