[BiO BB] alignment problem

prathibha bharathi prathibha_562 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 23 01:43:26 EST 2004

sir...plz tell me how to perform statistical evaluation of seq alignment and calculate Z-score
am a comp science student from india
                        thank you sir,
                      prathibha bharathi

Renyi Liu <lry_biocomp at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Pankaj,

Since the number of sequences is not so big, I would use Smith-Waterman
algorithm to obtain optimal local alignment between any two sequences.

For multiple alignment, I would try T_Coffee or/and Dialign2. Both program
can be downloaded from the internet, but I am not sure if they can handle
100 sequences.

Good luck,

BiO_Bulletin_Board maillist - BiO_Bulletin_Board at bioinformatics.org
Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.