[BiO BB] Z-score and E-value.

Nur'Aini Abdul Rashid nuraini at cs.usm.my
Tue Mar 1 22:05:27 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am reading the Protein Sequence Comparison and Protein Evolution tutorial ISMB2000 by William R. Pearson, on Page 13 Table 3 it list down searchhing the database with human ATP-ase, high scoring sequences. I can figure out how SW was done, but I cannot understand how to calculate z-score and E and percentage. XCan anyone guide me of how to get material or examples or books or website where it show detail example how to get those value starting from the input value to output value..

Thanks a lot.. I have no statistic background and though I got some notes on how to calculate z-score but this is different.

Nur'Aini binti Abdul Rashid
Pusat Pengajian Sains Komputer
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Pulau Pinang.