[BiO BB] Generate Quaternary structure of protein from monomer

Subhash Agarwal smagarwal at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 03:25:16 EST 2005

Hi all

As James and Boris have written that the solution they
are able to provide depends on the knowledge of the
user with regards to progam O and understanding of
crystallography. So i would like to say that neither i
have used program O before nor i am cryatallographer.
So making things difficult for me.

While Dr.Nagasuma Chandra writes that i need to be
sure that whether my model has the same quaternary
arrangement as my template or not. Sir in this regard
i would like to say that the sequence (Query) i have
picked for modelling has known function
(experimentally characterised) and for the same the
template are avaliable and therfore i started working
on this protein.

My need to generate the quaternary structure is due to
reason that i need to observe the active site in the
generated model. Also u state that " it is relatively
simple to apply the translational and rotational
matrices to obtain a multimer". Can u tell me how will
u suggest me to do this.

Moreover if any of u feels that should mail pdb of
generated model and the PDB id of template used, that
can also be done by me.

Also i am thankful to everybody as u r trying to help
me by responding. Please continue to provide support.

Thanks
Subhash Agarwal