[BiO BB] protein family databases (Interpro)

Andrea Franceschini atariml at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 12:00:31 EDT 2005

We are developing a software to automatically retrive some family/domain's
annotations of a set of proteins.
In particular we are interested to identify the possible relations between
the different families.

To accomplish this task we are thinking to use Interpro as source for the
annotations.
What do you think about the parent/child  and  contains/found in   relations
present in Interpro ?

Do you have any suggestion about other databases that we should use ?
Do you have any suggestion about other possible information that we could
provide on a particular set of proteins (given us as input by the user)  ?

Thankyou very much
Andrea Franceschini
University Politecnico of Milan (Italy)