[BiO BB] A simple question about the kinase groups.

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 25 08:57:09 EDT 2005

If the names are different, maybe a dictionary of synonyms will help
you. For example the Austrain BioMinT database stores such
information for model organisms. A query for CAMK1 returns:

CAMK1
Homo sapiens

calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase I
Preferred gene
HUGO:1459, LocusLink:8536

CAMK1
Preferred gene
HUGO:1459, LocusLink:8536, SwissProt:Q14012

CALCIUM/CALMODULIN-DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASE I
Gene
OMIM:604998, GDB:642249

CAMK1
Gene
OMIM:604998, GDB:642249

CAMK1-PEN
Gene
GDB:642249

CaMKI
Gene
HUGO:1459, OMIM:604998, GDB:642249, LocusLink:8536

calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase I
Protein
LocusLink:8536

Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase type I
Protein
SwissProt:Q14012

CaM kinase I
Protein
SwissProt:Q14012

EC 2.7.1.123
Protein
SwissProt:Q14012

Hope this helps (though I'm not familiar with the Phospho.ELM database),

Boris