[BiO BB] Getting sequences by base pair locations

Cook, Malcolm MEC at Stowers-Institute.org
Fri Jul 28 12:19:42 EDT 2006

There are many options.

But, it looks like you only have start end coordinates!  Where do you
know which chromosome/contig the hit was on?

Assuming you have this, if you did the blat with a local copy of the
blat program and a the genome, then in addition to the blat command, you
have the twoBitToFa command which can extract the hits from the blat
index (see http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/blatSpec.html)

Or did you do the blat at ucsc?

Malcolm Cook
Database Applications Manager, Bioinformatics
Stowers Institute for Medical Research