[BiO BB] Re: BiO_Bulletin_Board Digest, Vol 20, Issue 5

Yannick Wurm Yannick.Wurm at unil.ch
Mon Jun 5 19:28:32 EDT 2006

Hi Daniel,

have a look at iprscan, which is a very complete tool:
	 http://www.ebi.ac.uk/InterProScan/
For command-line access, see:
	 http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/WSInterProScan.html
You can also set it up locally.

For each protein, the output is one line per domain found on that
protein.
I concatenate the output files into one big file, and then count the
different domains I have.

Best,

yannick
yannick.wurm at unil.ch  - Doctoral student
Department of Ecology and Evolution
http://www.unil.ch/dee/page28685.html

#3106, Biophore, Universite de Lausanne
1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
land: +41.21.692.4182  fax: +41.21.692.4165
cell: +41.78.87.87.001

On 5 juin 06, at 12:00, bio_bulletin_board-request at bioinformatics.org