[BiO BB] Withdrawl of Refseq accessions

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Tue Jun 6 17:02:18 EDT 2006

XM_ sequences are predicted sequences.  I would not rely on them as they
have not been verified.

NM_ sequences are RefSeq sequences, and are much more stable - They are
the NCBI curated sequences and have evidence supporting them.

In some cases, you can do from the XM_ sequences to the GeneID to the
new NM_ sequence that represents that Gene.  I think the XM_ GenBank
entry also documents the new NM_ entry.

Ryan