[BiO BB] base counting

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Thu Mar 16 10:08:09 EST 2006

Hi Corné,

Poly will find mono-, di-, tri-, etc. nucleotide repetitive sequences without a
table or dictionary, provided they are exact repeats:

And it will give you the frequencies, representation, and other metrics such as

MREPATT will do pretty much the same:

Corné HW Klaassen wrote:
> Hi all,
> I remember having seem this once but I do not recollect exactly where so
> I'll just pop this question here:
> Does anyone know of a free software package (windows or on-line) that
> analyzes the frequency or counts all possible combinations of bases in a
> given sequence (single bases, dinucl. trinucl. tetranuc. etc.).
> Thanks in advance,
> Corné

J.W. Bizzaro
Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
Phone:  +1 508 890 8600