[BiO BB] Indiana Cheminformatics Education Portal

David Wild djwild at indiana.edu
Tue Nov 3 11:00:29 EST 2009

All,

Over the past few years, we have been building a graduate curriculum in
cheminformatics at Indiana University with an emphasis on distance
education, and in particular making cheminformatics learning as accessible
as possible for people in other fields such as bioinformatics. In the
process, we have generated a fair body of learning materials for
cheminformatics.

In the next couple of years we hope to make a good portion of these
materials freely available in wiki format under a Creative Commons
noncommercial share-alike license (meaning they can be freely used for any
noncommercial purpose, so long as they are attributed and any derivative
materials are made available under a similar license). To facilitate this,
we have created a wiki site at *http://icep.wikispaces.com* as a central
point to make these materials available.

Currently, the site is fairly scant, but we are planning on building a
reasonably comprehensive set of introductory cheminformatics materials by
Christmas, and then to start working on converting some more advanced
materials next year.

Do please let me know (i) if you find this site useful, (ii) any
corrections, and (ii) any suggestions as to how we might develop it further
and make it as useful as possible

Thanks!

David

Dr. David J. Wild, djwild at indiana.edu, http://djwild.info
Assistant Professor of Informatics & Computing
Director of Cheminformatics Program
School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University
901 E. 10th St., Bloomington, IN 47408