[Bio-linux-dev] Some broken programs

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Apr 7 07:30:12 EDT 2011

Hi,

Many thanks for the bug reports.  I'm aware that several bits of
software are now out of date but most of these problems are new to me.

> The programs that are affected are:
> pfaat: there is a missing java file needed for starting,

This was an issue with in /usr/share/applications/pfaat.desktop giving
the wrong path to javaws - I've updated the package.

>  omegamap:there is no starting

I think the icon needs to be removed altogether, as OmegaMap now needs
to be run from the command line.  Would you expect to see anything when
running OmegaMap from the menu?

> sequin:it is older than a year

OK, I may remove this entirely as Webin is our favoured way to do INSDC
submissions now.

> TaxInspector:failed to fetching date on startup and is not in the
> documentation

I need to sort out a new download mirror for the files to make this work
again, but TaxInspector is fairly useless as it stands.  Unless you want
to use it with Pedro?

>  tetra: is not in the documentation.

OK, I'll look into this.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England