[Bio-linux-dev] Some broken programs

Sasa Paporovic sasa.paporovic at fh-bielefeld.de
Mon Apr 11 11:32:32 EDT 2011

To omegamap:No, I expect nothing to see. A remove of the menu icon would be the right thing.
To TaxInspector and pedro: No, I don´t want to use it in the moment in anyway.

What if done was to have a glance of the abilities of biolinux. And I´ve by the way just seen some trivial bugs and send the informations about it to you.

There is one think that is more important for me:

I run biolinux as guest in virtualbox. I´ve some problems to get the actual guest additions run.
I´ve tried to install the 4.04 guest additions with it´s autorun.sh skript. The installations finished with succes, but causes some visual defects when biolinux starts the next time.

I have got a indermediate guest addition(4.05) from the developers, but the visual defects happends in the same way.

When you want to get a look, I´ve filed it in the virtualbox bugtracker(with screenshot):

http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/8708

The problem is, that I think it is not so much a problem with virtualbox, because with the guest additions from the ubuntu repro(3.2) the visual system of the guest works properly.
I´ve also tried to get biolinux upgraded to the ubuntu 10.10 version to get a newer guest addition, but exept from a problem with blcr(I just deleted the package, than it works), it transform biolinux in a not bootable state.

Why all of this:
I need some newer guest additions, because I have a bulk of genome data on my host system and want to get acces to this from biolinux with the virutalbox share folder. A run with the 3.2 additions seems not to be a great idea, but I will try it in the next hours I think(last nearby option).

When you have an idea to get this running or bring a adapted version of the additions up to your repro, it would be great.