[Bio-linux-dev] Fwd: Upgrade to Bio-Linux 7 (at last)

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 11:54:44 EDT 2012

Hi Mike,

You shouldn't need to rename any files to make Qiime work, and if you do
rename any file owned by a package it will interfere with updates so
this is best avoided.  The path to the RDP classifier is set in the file
/usr/lib/qiime/shell/qiime_environment and it should be set
to /usr/share/rdp-classifier/rdp_classifier.jar unless you override it
with your own environment variable.  Nothing in the current Qiime
package refers to the version 2.2 jar explicitly.

I'm wondering if you had a similar problem before and you set
$RDP_CLASSIFIER manually but the setting you have is now wrong as I've
neatened things up a bit.  Can you please try doing "echo
$RDP_CLASSIFIER" both in a regular shell and at a QIIME shell prompt?
Then in a regular prompt try "env -u RDP_CLASSIFIER qiime" and again
"echo $RDP_CLASSIFIER" at the prompt.  That should reveal what is going
on.

Cheers,

TIM