[Bio-linux-dev] Upgrade to Bio-Linux 7 (at last)

Daniel Pass daniel.antony.pass at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 27 06:51:40 EDT 2012

Currently I have only gone the route of Ubuntu12.04 into BL7 on my laptop,
but that seemed to work flawlessly although did need a couple of re-runs.
Qiime continues to work as before.

Im running it on my virtual box now but keeping expectations low after you
said there were issues with it before, Tim. It won't let me run the script
straight, and keeps forcing the 'upgrade to 12.04' gui on me so letting it
do that first so assuming it'll go after that.

All of the server install info is really helpful guys. All 4 of ours are in
pretty heavy use at the moment, so having the kinks worked out before we do
the push is really helpful.

Dan

On 27 September 2012 11:39, Tony Travis <tony.travis at ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 27/09/12 11:34, Tim Booth wrote:
>
>> Hi Tony,
>>
>> Great stuff - I didn't realise that apt-add-repository wasn't on there
>> by default and this has caused you various problems.  I'll modify the
>> script to sort that out and I think I can also easily fix the other
>> things you mentioned.
>>
>> The nebc/bio-linux PPA should provide the version of Qiime necessary to
>> install bio-linux-qiime on Ubuntu 12.04.  There are a few helper
>> applications that the latest Qiime wants which are not yet packaged for
>> Bio-Linux, but the core features should all work.  What happens if you
>> try to install Qiime now that the PPA is added as a package source?
>>

> Hi, Tim.
>
> I ran your original script again, but with the PPA enabled, and it
> installed Qiime without error :-)
>
>  All done - your system is updated to Bio-Linux 7!
>> You may want to run 'sudo apt-get autoremove' if that was suggested above.
>>

> Thanks!
>

>   Tony.

Daniel Pass

Tel: (029208)76680