[Bio-linux-dev] [Bio-Linux] BioLinux install failure

Tony Travis tony.travis at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 15:44:52 EDT 2013

On 04/06/13 15:53, Tim Booth wrote:
> Hi Andor,
>
> Tony's e-mail earlier today on the developers list suggests that I have
> managed to make an ISO release that is stuck somewhere between 12.04.1
> and 12.04.2 and this is upsetting the drivers for NVidia and probably
> other things.  I will try to get this sorted in the next few days.  In
> the meantime I'm glad you found a solution.

Hi, Tim.

This is the list of conflicting packages present in Bio-Linux 7.0.6:

> ia32-libs-multiarch
> libgl1-mesa-dri
> libgl1-mesa-glx
> libglapi-mesa
> libllvm3.0
> libxatracker1
> python-pynast
> xserver-xorg-core
> xserver-xorg-input-all
> xserver-xorg-input-evdev
> xserver-xorg-input-mouse
> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
> xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse
> xserver-xorg-input-wacom
> xserver-xorg
> xserver-xorg-video-all
> xserver-xorg-video-ati
> xserver-xorg-video-cirrus
> xserver-xorg-video-fbdev
> xserver-xorg-video-intel
> xserver-xorg-video-mach64
> xserver-xorg-video-mga
> xserver-xorg-video-neomagic
> xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
> xserver-xorg-video-openchrome
> xserver-xorg-video-qxl
> xserver-xorg-video-r128
> xserver-xorg-video-radeon
> xserver-xorg-video-s3
> xserver-xorg-video-savage
> xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion
> xserver-xorg-video-sis
> xserver-xorg-video-sisusb
> xserver-xorg-video-tdfx
> xserver-xorg-video-trident
> xserver-xorg-video-vesa
> xserver-xorg-video-vmware

One are two are harmless virtual packages, but most cause severe
compatibility problems when used with the 3.5 kernel. I successfully
updated a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS to Bio-Linux 7.0.6 using
your script. The list is the difference between package inventories.

Bye,

  Tony.