[Bio-Linux] condor cluster

Jose Andres jaa53 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 24 11:30:41 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'd like to use Biolinux to establish a local network of computers
(most of them running Windows or Mac OS)  that will allow us to use
some applications  (e.g. omegaMap, Paup) on a "grid mode" or as in a
serial node cluster. If I understood some of the documentation I've
been reading you can do it using the version of condor implemented in
our bio-linux machines. Is that right?   Does anyone have experience
on this type of networks?  Are they difficult to set up?  I am quite
naive with this issues and I'd really  appreciate any comments/
suggestions you might have.

Cheers,

/Jose