[Bio-Linux] A reminder for the new year - shelf life of CD-R media

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 13:01:13 EST 2006

Hi All,

Apologies that this is not exactly news, but Computerworld is running an
article today about CD media and I think it is always worth
re-iterating: burned CDs do not last!  Cheaper disks may only last two
years, if that.

http://computerworld.com/hardwaretopics/storage/story/0,10801,107607,00.html

In short, if you have important data for your NERC-funded project
sitting on CD then please talk to us at the NEBC sooner rather than
later so we can discuss more reliable storage options.

 datasets at envgen.nox.ac.uk

Cheers,

TIM

--