[Bio-Linux] KEGG SOAP API

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 11:46:36 EDT 2006

Nathan S. Haigh wrote:
> Sorry for the misunderstanding, I just copied and pasted the command from
> the web site. I did in fact use /usr/local/java/lib/. Any other suggestions?

Hello, Nathan.

Which version of Tomcat are you using?

We had similar problems deploying base2 with the Debian/Ubuntu version
of Tomcat, and downloaded the latest platform-independent tarball instead:

http://www.mirror.ac.uk/mirror/ftp.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.17/bin/apache-tomcat-5.5.17.tar.gz

It seems that using the built-in Java 1.4 compiler on earlier versions
of Tomcat can cause compatibility problems, and the suggested
work-arounds for using Java 1.5 with Tomcat 5.0 didn't work for us :-(

Best wishes,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687