[Bio-Linux] Please hold off on Bio-Linux Security Update if you have not already started it

Bela Tiwari btiwari at ceh.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 06:40:01 EST 2008

Dear all,

As you will have noticed from recent emails, the Bio-Linux security update is causing some problems. Stewart sent out a fix this morning that will work on many machines (e.g. most or all 670's), but will not work on all (e.g. 650's and perhaps a few 670's).  Unfortunately, we are still in the process of tracking down the cause of some of the issues.

Given the situation, it might be best not to undertake the upgrade right now if you have not already done so. Hopefully we'll have solutions to the issues people are seeing later in the day. We will keep you posted.

regards,

Bela

Dr. Bela Tiwari
Lead Bioinformatician