[Bio-Linux] Glimmer usage on Bio-Linux

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Wed May 28 17:35:29 EDT 2008

Stewart Houten wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to hear from anyone using the program Glimmer on
> Bio-Linux, and in particular from anyone who calls it from within
> pipeline (such as Yamap).

Hello, Stewart.

Ah! good news :-)

Yes, I was using Glimmer2 in YAMAP, but I've downloaded and compiled
Glimmer3 from source. I've been using Glimmer3 separately from YAMAP.

> There are a few compatibility issues between version 3.02 and the
> previous one which may have consequences for pipeline tools and I
> would just like to gauge the potential effects before releasing an
> upgraded Bio-Linux package.

I would be very interested in beta-testing your new package!

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687