[Bio-Linux] Python training - looking for suggestions

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 07:37:59 EDT 2011

Hello Bio-Linux users,

In a chat this morning with our local training co-ordinator at CEH, she
mentioned how hard she was finding it to arrange a Python course for
people in the organisation, despite having a high level of demand and
the budget available to pay for commercial courses.

Therefore I wondered if anyone on this list could offer any suggestions.
I know there is any amount of self study material out there (I have
three books within reach right here!) but for programming novices they
really want a taught course (2 or 3 days).  Has anyone been on or heard
of such a course recently, or maybe even taught Python themselves?  CEH
are open to suggestions on this so if you have any thoughts please do
let me know.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England