[Bio-Linux] Circos? And a question or two!

Daniel Pass daniel.antony.pass at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:58:28 EST 2012

Hi Rowena

If you run: 'print_qiime_config.py -t' does it say that ChimeraSlayer is
installed properly?

I'd recomend running through the steps
here<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/qiime-forum/cP6ibzfNqRU>,
where someone else seems to have had the same problem. I think it's
probably qiime looking in the wrong place for it, with new versions and all.

Let me (us!) know how it goes. I haven't ran this myself since the update
as the sequencers seem to have gone missing with my data, but if they ever
turn up I'll be following in your footsteps!

Dan

On 8 March 2012 15:44, Rowena Stern <rost at sahfos.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
> I don't this question came from me, but in any case you reminded me to
update you.
> I had a problem doing denoising and using sffinfo command. I have updated
biolinux and everything is fine now except for ChimeraSlayer, which after
about 30 seconds tells me there is an application failure- see below. Any
thoughts how I can fix this?

> rowena at biolinux[454WSFeb_May]  qiime > identify_chimeric_seqs.py -m
ChimeraSlayer -i
SternA_total/pynast_108_EukA7_aligned/EukA7_rep_set_aligned.fasta -a
Silva_108_rep_set.fna -o EukA7_108_chimeric_seqs.txt
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/lib/qiime/bin/identify_chimeric_seqs.py", line 172, in
<module>
>    main()
>  File "/usr/lib/qiime/bin/identify_chimeric_seqs.py", line 169, in main
>    keep_intermediates=keep_intermediates)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/qiime/identify_chimeric_seqs.py",
line 148, in chimeraSlayer_identify_chimeras
>    keep_intermediates=keep_intermediates):
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/qiime/identify_chimeric_seqs.py",
line 133, in __call__
>    keep_intermediates=keep_intermediates)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/qiime/identify_chimeric_seqs.py",
line 592, in get_chimeras_from_Nast_aligned

bio-linux-bounces at nebclists.nerc.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Tim Booth

http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk/tools/bioinformatics-docs/other-bioinf/r-and-bioconductor#rpack

> > I came across phyloseq, which looks great for integrating QIIME and
> > mothur (and even rubbish old pyrotagger and the RDP) with R
> > https://github.com/joey711/phyloseq I'm starting to play with it at
> > the moment, just in case you're interested.
>
> Thanks for the hint.  Definitely one to watch - I wonder who else on
> this list might be interested in the thing?
>
> Cheers,
>
> TIM
>
> --
> Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
> NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre
>
> Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
> Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
> Crowmarsh Gifford
> Wallingford, England
> OX10 8BB
>
> http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk
> +44 1491 69 2705
>
> --
> This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only. NERC
> is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the contents
> of this email and any reply you make may be disclosed by NERC unless
> it is exempt from release under the Act. Any material supplied to
> NERC may be stored in an electronic records management system.

Daniel Pass

Tel: (029208)76680
Mob: 07735658687

Room 0.39,