[Bio-Linux] Mail4: How to get it now?

Sasa Paporovic sasa.paporovic at fh-bielefeld.de
Sat May 4 15:03:58 EDT 2013

To 4: “How to get it now?”

Simple, it is like with every other software, because the backports repositories is enabled in Ubuntu12.04/Biolinux 7 by default.
On one hand you can use Software-Center to find it and install it.
(Sometimes the search functionality of Software-Center is not working properly. If you feel the same you may give it a “Also affects me”(left upper corner) at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/1025237

[Please, a comment is not needed and a little bit contraproductive if you tell that you are on a Ubuntu derivative(Biolinux). Core developers have the tendency to stay a bit away form such reports.]

The second method is classic

1.Call a terminal.
2.Run

sudo apt-get update

(Optional)3. After this run

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

to install the latest upgrades, inclusive kernel series 3.2.x ones.

4.And finally run

sudo apt-get install concavity

That it is:
-A short introduction to concavity can be gathered from the manpages after installation

You can call this with a terminal and the line

man concavity

-There is also a second information source. A video tutorial from me, which shows the full workflow for concavity.
But, … shame on me,... I have not get it managed to provide this for free.
Sorry colleagues, but I have the problem to get the magic working that brings the bun from my baker onto my table for breakfeast.

In moment I am still investing for a good platform for uploading.

The video should be available within the weekend of the next week. A mail will be send arround here, if this is o.K to the policy of this list.