[Bio-Linux] Updated QIIME package 1.8.0

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 10:23:51 EDT 2014

Dear Bio-Linux users,

I've packaged the latest QIIME 1.8.0 which came out late last year.  The
package will appear in available updates later today.  Please be aware
that this has some differences from the previous release, particularly
that it uses Emperor by default rather than KiNG for 3D plots (though
the latter can still be used).  You may need to modify your procedures
or scripts.  The QIIME tutorial in the introductory course notes is
still being updated to reflect the changes.

I have also now included the Greengenes core set and lanemask files within
the qiime-data package as these have not changed in months and they are
now included as standard with other QIIME releases.

I still can't include USearch or Rtax due to copyright restrictions, and
I've not bothered packaging pplacer or sourcetracker yet but if anyone
is really keen to get these included please let me know.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England