[Bio-linux-list] Tim's move to Edinburgh Genomics

Tim Booth avarus at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 15 10:21:11 EST 2015

Dear Bio-Linux users,

For those who don't already know, I'm moving from my current job here in
the Thames Valley to the fair city of Edinburgh, specifically to work
for Edinburgh Genomics (https://genomics.ed.ac.uk/).

In preparation I've been tidying up some things at this end and for
example you'll have seen today the relocation of the mailing lists, and
also the old group address of "helpdesk at nebc.nerc.ac.uk" is no more.
The main website for Bio-Linux will remain at
http://environmentalomics.org/bio-linux.

In terms of the future development of Bio-Linux and the prospective
Bio-Linux 9 I can't make any firm promises just yet but watch this
space.  If you want to get directly involved, join the -devel list
(http://www.bioinformatics.org/mailman/listinfo/bio-linux-devel). The
Ubuntu distribution and the Debian Med team, which provide 99% of
Bio-Linux functionality, are still going strong, but I still see a need
for a pre-configured bioinformatics distro and especially a platform to
support teaching and e-learning.  Therefore I'll do whatever I can
within my new job to stay involved with and promote the Bio-Linux
project.

All the best, and Happy Christmas.

TIM

--
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately
explained by stupidity... but don't rule out malice.