[Bio-Linux] GALAXY import file size limit?

Sander Granneman sgrannem at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 16 11:29:12 EST 2015

Simplest solution I guess is to use smaller bed files.
1.5 GB I guess equates to 10 million reads?
Would 1 million suffice for your tutorial?

Hope this helps,

Sander

> On Jan 16, 2015, at 4:11 PM, Ian Donaldson <Ian.Donaldson at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying out Bio-Linux 8 using the VM download.  I am having trouble importing two 1.5 GB BED files into GALAXY as the memory assigned to the VM (4GB) is max'ing out.  Can anyone recommend a usable amount of RAM to allow this sort of operation to complete?
>
> My aim is to give instructions to people on how to download the VM and run a GALAXY tutorial.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ian

--------

!!! Book the dates !!!

The 10th International EMBO Conference on Ribosome Synthesis will be held in Brussels, Belgium, 19-23 August 2015.

Organizing committee : Sander Granneman (University of Edinburgh), Katrin Karbstein (The Scripps Research Institute, Florida), Denis Lafontaine (University of Brussels), Tom Meier (Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York) and Joost Zomerdijk (University of Dundee).

--------

Sander Granneman, PhD
Wellcome Trust RCD Fellow
University of Edinburgh
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology
Centre for Synthetic and Systems Biology (SynthSys)
University of Edinburgh
Max Born Crescent
CH Waddington Building, room 3.06
EH9 3BF
Edinburgh

Phone:
office: +44 (0) 131 651 9082
lab: +44 (0) 131 651 9055

sgrannem at staffmail.ed.ac.uk

http://sandergranneman.bio.ed.ac.uk
http://www.csbe.ed.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.