[Bio-Linux] Qiime 1.9

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Fri Mar 6 09:45:23 EST 2015

Hi,

So, the update on QIIME 1.9 is that I'd hoped to have it done by the end
of Feb but I've hit several complications and I'm literally having to
re-write some bits of the QIIME code to make it work properly with the
Bio-Linux tool suite, as well as updating various packages that QIIME
depends on.  QIIME 1.9 looks very much like 1.8 on the surface but under
the hood it's all been rearranged!

The main job was tackling a pair of packages called
"python-burrito-fillings" and "python-skbio" that handle all the links
between QIIME and the tools it uses, but that's done and I'm now on to
final testing for QIIME itself.

Obviously I want to be very careful before pushing the update out,
because once you install the update there is no easy way to downgrade
again.

If I do get it finished and tested today I'll push the update on Monday,
as I have a rule about no major updates on a Friday afternoon, but this
thing may yet have more nasty surprises in store for me so no promises.

Thanks for your patience,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England