[Bio-linux-list] Sickle biolinux 8

Flavia Flaviani flacchy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:07:25 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I have been asked to installed sickle on our biolinux machine and before
installing something that was already installed I've visited the biolinux
page http://environmentalomics.org/bio-linux-software-list/

Here I can see that sicke should be available directly in biolinux:

sickle 1.33 windowed adaptive trimming tool for FASTQ files using quality

When we type in the terminal sickle we get the message :"No command
'sickle' found, "

so I have tried:

$ dpkg -s sickle

and I got this message:

$dpkg-query: package 'sickle' is not installed and no information is
available
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.

Would you advise me to install the program from github or is there
something I am missing for which I cannot access the preinstalled one?

thank you for the suggestions

Regards

Flavia

--
Flavia Flaviani

*PhD student*
University of Cape Town, South Africa
In collaboration with
The marine Biological Association of the UK (Plymouth, UK)
flvfla001 at myuct.ac.za
flafla at mba.ac.uk