[BioBrew Users] Blast, Wu-Blast and biobrew install

Joseph Hargitai joseph.hargitai at nyu.edu
Wed Feb 18 12:30:15 EST 2004

I want to go ahaed with the latest install.

It was mentioned that BioBrew 1.0 is based on Rocks 3.0 - but the Readme says otherwise - ?

Also, I am not part of the Blast culture, such I do not know the difference between Wu-Blast and NCBI Blast, other than the few hours I spent reading on the subject - if i may venture a guess, NCBI seems much more evolved - and also i do not see any reference
to wu-blast as running in a Rocks clustered environment - i suppose ncbi blast runs via mpiblast fine.

If it so desired, can we make wu-blast work in a similar fashion on Rocks?

thanks,
joseph