[BioBrew Users] Trouble running mpiBlast

shalini sharon proclaim_jesus at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:37:45 EST 2004

Hi, Glen

I also faced the similar situation but I am running mpiBlast with lam-mpi
You can look thru the error I got maybe u might be able to figure it out how
to solve this error.

[guest at frontend-0 root]$  /usr/local/mpich-vmi2/bin/mpirun -np 1
-machinefile /u
sr/local/share/machine.list  /opt/BioBrew/NCBI/6.1.0/bin/mpiblast -d
/opt/BioBre
w/NCBI/6.1.0/db/ecoil.nt -i/root/test.fas -o /root/output.txt
Sorry, mpiBLAST must be run on 2 or more nodes
[guest at frontend-0 root]$  /usr/local/mpich-vmi2/bin/mpirun -np 2
-machinefile /
usr/local/share/machine.list  /opt/BioBrew/NCBI/6.1.0/bin/mpiblast -d
/opt/BioBr
ew/NCBI/6.1.0/db/ecoil.nt -i/root/test.fas -o /root/output.txt
So-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** Oops -- I cannot open the LAM help file.
*** I tried looking for it in the following places:
rry, mpiBLAST must be run on 2 or more nodes
***
***   $LAMHELPFILE
***   $HOME/lam-helpfile
***   $HOME/lam-6.5.9-helpfile
***   $HOME/etc/lam-helpfile
***   $HOME/etc/lam-6.5.9-helpfile
***   $LAMHELPDIR/lam-helpfile
***   $LAMHELPDIR/lam-6.5.9-helpfile
***   $LAMHOME/etc/lam-helpfile
***   $LAMHOME/etc/lam-6.5.9-helpfile
***   $SYSCONFDIR/lam-helpfile
***   $SYSCONFDIR/lam-6.5.9-helpfile
***
*** You were supposed to get help on the program "MPI"
*** about the topic "no-lamd"
***
*** Sorry!

Rgs, Sharon