[BioBrew Users] Compiling with BioBrew EMBOSS

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Tue May 23 13:01:43 EDT 2006

Thanks for the reply Glen. I finally compiled it by hand in 32bit mode with:

gcc -m32 -O2 -o emnu emnu.o  -L/usr/lib -lmenu -lform -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lX11 -lm -lncurses -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib

Its for this one researcher who wants to just type the menu (emnu) and
select his EMBOSS program.

On 5/23/06, Glen Otero <glen at callident.com> wrote:
> Hmmm... this makes me think that there is a good reason why emnu
> isn't included in the EMBOSS package ; )
>
> Where did you get the devel and libs packages? Point me to them, and
> I can take a crack at building them.
> You might look for help about building these packages together on any
> EMBOSS lists that you can find .
> It looks like emnu has a not so clear relationship with EMBOSS and
> EMBASSY.
>
> Are you trying to build this for x86_64?
>
> Glen
>
> On May 23, 2006, at 8:31 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:
>
> > I've installed the EMBOSS-libs and EMBOSS-devel packages and I'm
> > trying to compile EMNU against it. The problem is the configure script
> > runs embossversion and it inserts the InstallDirectory variable for
> > embprefix which is /var/tmp/EMBOSS-build. I can't seem to get around
> > this. I've tried to edit the two Makefiles for EMNU and I've tried
> > compiling it in 64 and 32 bit modes. The 64bit mode errors because it
> > can't link against the 32bit static libs and the 32bit mode errors
> > with:
> >
> > emnu.o(.text+0x1a58): In function `populate_program_menus':
> > : undefined reference to `ajListIterRead'
> > emnu.o(.text+0x1a63): In function `populate_program_menus':
> > : undefined reference to `ajListIterNext'
> > emnu.o(.text+0x1a76): In function `populate_program_menus':
> > : undefined reference to `ajStrLen'
> >
> > and on and on.
> >
> > Thanks for any help!
> >
> > --