[Bioclusters] Workstation Selection for Bioinformatics Research

ben bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:07:28 +0200

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:39:34 -0400
"Chip Coward" <ccoward@jersey.net> wrote:

> am writing to get input/information that will help us make a decision on
> platform selection.

Hi ,
I' m just a newbie but I like to share my /01 euros :)
If your workstations are going to be used to teach
bionformatics to biology or computer-science students get an hw wich is
as near as possible to that they have . This way you
might encourage them to build their own little
cluster.To me, going for x86 Workstation+ Linux Red Hat + Windows or VMware
could be the best choice for this reason too.
best wishes
ben