[Bioclusters] NCBI 2.2.9 compile error on x86-64 Fedora Core 2

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:40:38 -0400

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 12:57, Alan Kilian wrote:
>   Doug,
>
>     Do you know why your numbers are so different from Joe's
>     numbers posted here? <http://bioinformatics.org/bbs/

Hi Alan:

  Fedora uses a different libm and somewhat different glibc, not to
mention different kernel support.  Hopefully we will be able to explore
differences in the distributions with BBS v2 in a cleaner manner in
short order.

  Note also:  I found a disturbing performance delta using BBS between
2.2.8 and 2.2.9 on the Opteron I am trying to track down and understand.

  BTW:  I had been resisting defining "standard" tests... is there real
interest in this?  Sean Eddy had suggested a much better HMMer test than
the one I had been using, and I plan to incorporate his suggestion in
the base test distribution of v2.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D