[Bioclusters] (no subject)

LAI Loong Fong bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:11:46 +0600

On our Tru64 boxes, we usually turn off vm_swap_eager to make is do
lazy swap. It depend on what you wanted to achieve. As Tru64 is running
on the Alpha which is a truly 64 bit OS and CPU, having more swap is
better than less as your processes can really use up whatever memory
you can put into your box. I have blast and ssaha jobs using ~20GB of
memory.

LAI Loong-Fong