[Bioclusters] speaking of grid engine 6.0 ... I've made a "5.3 vs 6.0 features" listing

Chris Dagdigian bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 06 May 2004 15:48:08 -0400

The recent thread has reminded me to post this:

I did a brain dump this week on 'differences between grid engine 5.3,
6.0 and the upcoming Sun N1 Grid Engine 6 product'

It is online here:
http://bioteam.net/dag/gridengine-6-features.html

Still waiting on feedback from the developers so be forwarned that all
mistakes and omissions are my fault.

For those of you with beta copies of grid engine 6 or Sun N1GE 6beta2
I'm particularly interested in feedback on the new scheduling and policy
features and how you may be thinking of using them. That sort of stuff
is harder to document than the dry listing of 'what is different'

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian, <dag@sonsorol.org>
BioTeam  - Independent life science IT & informatics consulting