[Bioclusters] speaking of grid engine 6.0 ... I've made a "5.3 vs 6.0 features" listing

Bernard Li bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 6 May 2004 12:58:30 -0700

Hey Chris:

Nice document!

My understanding of the 'db' enhancements of SGE 6 is:

Spooling information is stored in berkeley db
Accounting information is stored in SQL=20

So even if you use the 'open source' version of SGE6, the accounting
information should still be stored in the SQL db but the modules to
extract the information is provided by the product from Sun?

In that case at least we could have some third-parties create some
account reporting tools based on XML/SQL queries.

Thanks,

Bernard