[Bioclusters] General question on time consuming problems

Ian Korf iankorf at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 15:26:55 EDT 2005

Oh, harsh! The way I see it, inefficient coding creates jobs. If the
"biologists" started writing space-efficient and time-efficient code,
there would be no need for anyone on this list. Don't bite the hand
that feeds :)

As for the question that Joe posed, I see a split between CPU-intensive
and IO-intensive tasks. Neither CPU-intensive nor IO-intensive tasks
are going away any time soon. I agree with Tim that the IO ones are
harder to solve.

-Ian