[Bioclusters] GridEngine projects for Summer of Code?

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 13:44:52 EDT 2006

Looks like GridEngine ( http://gridengine.sunsource.net ) is planning
to apply for SoC. We are still discussing what projects to work on...
you can see the discussion thread here:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/BrowseList?list=dev&by=thread&from=11756

Since most of the bioclusters use GridEngine as the batch/workload
management system, I would like to see if there is anything that is
relative small so that a student can finish in a summer but
nevertheless useful to most SGE users, and I will forward the
interesting ideas to the SGE dev list.

BTW, the runway is short (deadline is May 1st)...

Also, the code needs to be licensed under one of those recognized by
Google, but luckily SISSL is one of those :)

Rayson