[Bioclusters] Benchmarks on a dual core Xeon

Christopher Dwan cdwan at bioteam.net
Fri Jan 20 12:35:34 EST 2006

I recently had the opportunity to perform some benchmarks (BLAST,
Clustalw, Clustalw-mpi, and MrBayes) on one of the new quad chip,
dual core Xeon (Paxville) servers from Intel.  This isn't a
comparative study between chips, but rather a look at how batch,
multi-thread, and MPI jobs scale on this machine.

The report is linked from our main page:  http://bioteam.net

Disclaimer:  I did this work in my corporate guise at Bioteam.
Intel provided the hardware, access to their compilers, and they paid
for the preparation of the report.  They did not, however, exercise
editorial control over the content.

-Chris Dwan
  The BioTeam