[Bioclusters] Seeking Netapp and Sun lifesci users ...

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Feb 6 15:30:11 EST 2007

Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm working with a group of people building out a new research computing
> environment. A few of the IT staff would really like to converse with
> (and potentially visit) groups who are using Network Appliance storage
> devices or Sun Microsystems servers (running Linux or Solaris) in life
> science HPC environments.

At the risk of spamming, we have a 5U 36TB storage appliance that is ...
uh ... kinda fast (RAID6) doing iSCSI, NAS, CIFS, ... specifically
designed for HPC workloads,  and less expensive that other folks systems
... Bug me offline if you want benchmark data
(http://scalableinformatics.com/public/IOzone-JR-baseline.png) ...

--

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com
phone: +1 734 786 8423
fax  : +1 734 786 8452 or +1 866 888 3112
cell : +1 734 612 4615